Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Walk

I walked back from office yesterday. It possibly a distance of 4 kilometres (maybe exaggerating, could be 3 and half). It was the sort of exercise that I havent done in months, ok years, ok ok maybe decades. The thing I can be really proud of was I did it in really tight leather shoes I bought a couple of days earlier. An hour(hour and half) of walking, an exhausted self and two subway sandwiches later, I have come to this realisation.


I want to travel the world. A friend of mine and I keep discussing this a lot. He too shares the same idea. But we havent got down towards making any real efforts in doing so. I have a few reasons for not doing so. I am scared of leaving a lot of stuff behind. I dont know whether in quantitative terms, they would mean a lot, but it is something I have worked( question mark) for. A more pertinent reason would be money. I dont have a lot of it, and I am not the backpacker variety to be able to sustain myself in YMCAs and run down lodges. More than that I would say it comes down to family. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I were to do this thing, I would like to do it with a family, maybe not the immediate one but a group of people with whom I would share a comfort level. The more philosophical ones would say that you would make your friends on the journey itself. But I have in my mind a few people with whom I would not hesitate to immediately begin travelling the world. if i get a yes from them, I dont mind leaving as soon as possible.

9 comments:

mcx said...

fuck ya! I have just recently realized something. We have to shed some things before we can leave, we need to have some savings, pay of our debts, some certification so that even if we come back after a gap we may still be employable and some skills that would earn us money as we travel. I know it seems less charming as it becomes more practical but this is the only way we will ever get to do this.

mcx said...

and we cant take her along, I am not pressing her feet as we travel the world : ) I am just kidding please no hurting the balls on account of this.

Anonymous said...

Here it is.

YES!

Always ready to travel the world. No feet pressing would be involved.

Anyway, mcx, what a hypocrite! I thought you said you liked them.

Back to the travelling. Where are we going? And when? I guess I will join you guys here and there. Commitments and passions involved.

I also wonder whether this will ever actually be realized, given the history. Sorry.

I truly belive in you guys. There's hope :)

mcx said...

Well I must officially claim that I did not enjoy the feet: ). The ugly one is sending me smses on our comments. he feels they are inappropriate for his target audience. As for the traveling I guess it will happen, I am even contemplating building my own floating island that travels the globe.

mcx

the ugly indian said...

The Chinese traveler Fa-Hsien traveled from China to India when he was 65. I think we have a few years left to do something like that. So yeah, Ma Chod X(hopefully that is MCX), you are right. We should for once plan this whole thing out and not get all worked up in the instant gratification routine we usually fall for. And we will try to go to places with a few decent spas/saunas or whatever to avoid the experience of rubbing any smelly feet.
Just one thing. Dude, you are not carrying your ugly back pack and you the one with the smelly feet, not taking your camera along.

Anonymous said...

I am apalled!

No more feet! Ever again!

And I forgive both of you.

Anonymous said...

I quote:

Happy feet

I spent my weekend talking to feet, beautiful feet. The road just become a lot more scenic for me. I am hoping for more introductions in the coming days so naturally I am smiling a lot despite the Monday morning.-mcx

March 26, 2007.
11:27 a.m.

Anonymous said...

I am taking my camera and my handycam along.

the ugly indian said...

Seriously, I want both of you to join me for a trek through the himalayas.

I know both of you are strong enough to carry me between yourselves while we are walking through the mountains and decent enough not to throw me down a ledge.